Main points from today
- Housing and Communities Secretary, Robert Jenrick, led the briefing.
- From today anyone in England can move house, subject to new guidance published by the Government.
- Estate Agents’ offices can open; viewings – both virtual and in person – are permitted.
- 229.705 positive tests, an increase of 3,242 from yesterday. 33,186 deaths, an increase of 494 from yesterday.
No new guidance today.
General guidance on the CJRS is here:-
Latest Guidance (health)
The latest health guidance is as follows:-
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert. This means you must:
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people
- Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- Wash your hands regularly
Self-isolate if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): implementing protective measures in education and childcare settings – Footnote and links added to explain priority groups and amends made to PPE section. 7:30pm, 12 May 2020
Actions for educational and childcare settings to prepare for wider opening from 1 June 2020 – Added an initial planning framework for schools in England. 6:15pm, 12 May 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for schools and other educational settings – Added both Actions for FE colleges and providers during the coronavirus outbreak and Procurement Policy Note 02/20: Supplier relief due to COVID-19 under Finance and administration. 1:06pm, 13 May 2020
Coronavirus (COVID 19): online education resources – Updated to include further information on how the high quality resources list will be kept up to date. 12:00am, 13 May 2020
The general school guidance starts here:-
Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for schools and other educational settings
The general coronavirus guidance starts here:-