Main points from today
- Health Secretary, Matt Hancock, led the briefing today.
- He announced that from 15th June all staff in hospitals will be required to wear surgical face masks.
- All hospital visitors and outpatients must wear face coverings.
- The R rate is between 0.7 and 0.9 as of 5th June.
- The R rate may be higher (but not above 1) in the North West and South West of England.
- 40,261 deaths, an increase of 357 from yesterday.
Latest Guidance (employment and business)
No new guidance today.
CJRS guidance can now be found here:-
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme guidance is here:-
Check if you can claim a grant through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
Latest Guidance (health)
40 (forty) updates were issued at 2.00pm today including:-
The R number in the UK
The R number range for the UK is 0.7-0.9 as of 5 June 2020. 2:00pm, 5 June 2020
We have spoken to TU reps today regarding school re-opening and health and safety matters. The TU reps would like sight of risk assessments and if they have any suggestions they will respond. We have no issue with that. Sensible and constructive approach.
Actions for early years and childcare providers during the coronavirus outbreak
We have added a clarification on the requirement for providers to carry the appropriate insurance (for example, public liability insurance) to cover all premises from which they provide childcare or childminding. 1:31pm, 5 June 2020
The general school guidance starts here:-
Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for schools and other educational settings
The general coronavirus guidance starts here:-