Main points from today
- The Prime Minister led the briefing.
- He confirmed that the 5 tests to ease lockdown were currently being met.
- Therefore, from Monday 1st June up to 6 people from different households can mix outdoors, including in private gardens, providing social distancing rules are observed.
- Those who were advised to shield should continue to do so.
- Test and trace up and running from today.
- The rate of infection, the R number, is between 0.6 and 0.9.
- Confirmed primary school and early years opening from Monday 1st June for Reception, Year 1 and Year 6. Secondary schools from 15th June for Year 10 and Year 12 to have some face to face time with teachers.
- 15th June to open non-essential retailers provided the 5 steps are maintained and they are ‘covid secure’.
- 269,127 positive tests, an increase of 1,887 from yesterday. 37,837 deaths, an increase of 377.
Latest Guidance (employment and business)
Check if you can claim back Statutory Sick Pay paid to employees due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
Change made – You can now claim for employees who are self-isolating because they’ve been notified by the NHS or public health bodies that they’ve come into contact with someone with coronavirus.
11:55am, 28 May 2020
CJRS guidance can now be found here:-
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme guidance is here:-
Check if you can claim a grant through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
Latest Guidance (health)
No new guidance today.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): financial support for education, early years and children’s social care
Guidance updated to clarify statutory sick pay relief. 6:05pm, 27 May 2020
NOTE This guidance is applicable to 31 May 2020 and will be reviewed before 1 June 2020.
The general school guidance starts here:-
Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for schools and other educational settings
The general coronavirus guidance starts here:-