- Transport Secretary, Grant Shapps (thanks Google!), led the briefing.
- Up to £27.5 million of support for the transport sector.
- Spare capacity in public transport to be used to assist with logistics.
- Drones to be used to deliver medical supplies and equipment.
- No British tourist stranded abroad on cruise ships.
- 28,532 tests yesterday, 143,464 positive tests, an increase of 5,386 from yesterday. Total deaths increased by 684 to 19,506.
- Essential workers displaying symptoms and members of their household can use the online portal (link below) to be tested.
Furloughed workers to receive full parental leave entitlement – Furloughed workers planning to take paid parental or adoption leave will be entitled to pay based on their usual earnings rather than a furloughed pay rate. First published 4:28pm, 24 April 2020
General CJRS guidance starts here:-
Latest Guidance (health)
Coronavirus testing extended to all essential workers in England who have symptoms
All essential workers in England and members of their households who are showing symptoms of coronavirus will now be able to get tested.
As above – Coronavirus testing extended to all essential workers in England who have symptoms
All essential workers in England and members of their households who are showing symptoms of coronavirus will now be able to get tested. Essential workers includes school staff.
Awarding qualifications in summer 2020 – Guidance for vocational, technical and other qualifications updated to reflect consultation on grading arrangements for summer 2020. Updated 12:48pm, 24 April 2020
Managing school premises during the coronavirus outbreak – Guidance for schools and other educational settings on managing premises, which are partially open, during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. First published 9:24am, 24 April 2020
The general school guidance starts here:-
Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for schools and other educational settings
The general coronavirus guidance starts here:-