Privacy & Security Policy for www.cooklawyers.co.uk. At Cook Lawyers we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy and security of our visitors.
This Privacy & Security Policy explains what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or that we collect from you whilst you visit our site and how we keep your visit to us secure.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly. Your continued use of this site after any change in this Privacy & Security Policy will constitute your acceptance of such change.
Information we collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you subscribe to our newsletter, sign up for an account or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Our newsletter is only sent to you if you’ve completed the “double opt-in” method to subscribe and you can easily unsubscribe whenever you want to. This means that we are not associated with spam in any way. Despite this, our newsletter is sometimes filtered as bulk/junk email. To make sure you actually receive our newsletters please add email@example.com to your trusted list of senders, safe list, contacts or address book. All also known as whitelisting. If you do not see an email from us in your inbox, open your spam\junk folder and look for it there, open it and mark it as “not spam” or “not junk”.
Upon submitting your email address, we’ll send a confirmation email back to the address you submitted. To subscribe to our newsletter, you then need to confirm your subscription. This is called double opt-in, because you have to confirm your desire to subscribe twice, and it makes it impossible to subscribe someone else to the newsletter.
Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your device and stored on the device’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer (in your browser pressing Ctrl+Shift+Delete may work in many cases), but this could stop our website from functioning properly.
The following is Strictly Necessary in the operation of our website.
This website will:
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You can be logged in to read an employment policy, leave a comment or review your account.
- Remember previous actions when navigating between different pages on this website.
- Remember selections or information you have entered when you navigate to different pages during your session on this website
The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
We utilise other cookies to analyse how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance.
This website will:
- Track the pages you visit via Google Analytics
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name and password) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise.
This website will:
- Allow details to be remembered if you submit a comment on our blog
- Provide individual services, such as storing employment policies read
Targeting cookies collect information about your browsing habits to deliver adverts which are more relevant to you and your interests.
This website will:
- Allow you to share pages and images with social networks such as Facebook and Pinterest
- Allow you to share pages via Simple Share Buttons
This website will not:
- Share any personal information with third parties.
You can adjust the settings on your browser to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your device. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Use of your information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products or services that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, products or services.
- If you opened an account and have previously purchased products or services from us we may provide to you details of similar products or services, or other products and services, that you may be interested in. We may also provide to you details of any products or services that are reduced in price.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated products and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
Disclosing your information
We will not disclose your personal information to any other party other than in accordance with this Privacy & Security Policy and in the circumstances detailed below:
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third party links
Access to information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
The Cook Lawyers website uses 128 bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology which is strong high-level encryption for online purchasing.
Our whole website is secure, you should see a solid padlock in your browser status bar which indicates that the encryption is taking place. You will also see that the Cook Lawyers URL address in the browser has https in front of cooklawyers.co.uk.
Please do not hesitate to email Admin regarding any matter relating to this Privacy & Security Policy.